Win32:Evo-gen is a malicious software that once it is executed has the capability of replicating itself and infect other files and programs. These type of malware, called Viruses, can steal hard disk space and memory that slows down or completely halts your PC. It can also corrupt or delete data, erase your hard drive, steal personal information, hijack your screen and spam your contacts to spread itself to other users. Usually, a Virus is received as an attachment on an email or instant message. Win32:Evo-gen carries out damaging actions on the affected computer. It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy. It causes the loss of information stored on the computer, either specific files or data in general. It affects the productivity of the computer, the network to which it’s connected or other remote sites. It carries out actions that decrease the security level of the computer. It does not spread automatically using its own means.
This threat can collect information about your PC and send it to a malicious hacker. The malicious hacker can then tell the worm to do a number of things, including downloading and installing other malware onto your PC. It spreads through removable storage devices, such as floppy disks or USB flash drives, by pretending to be one of your own files that you have put on there.
Win32:Evo-gen has the ability to infect removable media devices. Infection starts either with manual execution of the infected file or by invoking the corresponding .LNK files that could cause automatic execution of the worm. After infection it may also download other malware or updates to itself directed by the command and control server. This virus contacts a remote server using a HTTP POST command. It sends the following information about your PC to the server. Once it receives information about your PC, the remote server replies to the worm with instructions on what to do next. It allows backdoor access and control of user computer by a remote attacker.
How to Remove Win32:Evo-genUse the instructions below to automatically remove Win32:Evo-gen and other malware, as well as automatically repair internet browser settings if needed.
Remove with Reason Core Security
- Install the free version of Reason Core Security.
- When the installation begins, you will see the Reason Core Security Setup which will guide you through the installation process.
- Once installed, Reason Core Security will automatically start a quick "welcome" process. When this completes it will run an initial scan which should find this and all additional adware threats on your computer. When it finds it and the scan completes, you will be asked to run a quick or full scan.
- After the scan you will see Win32:Evo-gen and other malware, adware and PUPs Reason Core Security has detected. Check all items you want to remove and click the "Remove Checked" button.
- Reason Core Security will now remove Win32:Evo-gen and other malware it has found.
Remove with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
- On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect Win32:Evo-gen and additional third-party malware infecting the computer system.
- Once the malware scan is over, Malwarebytes will prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer
Ways to Prevent Win32:Evo-gen InfectionsTake the following steps to protect your PC from Win32:Evo-gen and other viruses. Suggested tools and security programs within installed software helps prevent the same threats on your PC.
Install an effective anti-malware program
Your first line of defense would be an effective security program that provides real-time protection. We have a list of anti-malware programs that are tried and tested. It does not only scan files but also monitors your PC and blocks infections from occuring. Click on the link below to download our recommended anti-malware program.
» Download Protection Software
Always update your installed software
Software publishers constantly releases updates for programs whenever a flaw or security exploit is discovered. Getting these updates makes your computer more secured and help prevents Trojans, viruess, malware, and Win32:Evo-gen similar threats. If in case your program is not set for automatic updatse, it usually offered from the publisher's web site, which you can download anytime.
Secure your web browser
It is becoming increasingly popular for attackers to compromise computers through vulnerable web browsers. An insecure web browser can lead to viruses being installed on your computer without your knowledge, attackers taking control of your computer, stealing your information, or even using your computer to attack other computers. We highly encourage you to maximize the setup to tighten the security of your browser. While making your browser more secure helps reduce the risk that someone will be able to use it to compromise your computer, it is still important to have safe computing habits so attackers get fewer chances to try. Don't click on unknown or unsolicited links or open unexpected attachments. Don't download files, programs or tools unless you are positive they are safe.
Apply full caution when using the Internet
The Internet is full of fraud, malware, scams and many forms of computer threats including Win32:Evo-gen. Implement full caution with links that you may receive from emails, social networking sites, and instant messaging programs. It might lead you to malicious sites that can cause harm to your computer. Avoid strange web sites that offer free services and software downloads as these downloaders typically bundle unwanted software that lead to virus infections.
Use Windows System Restoreif you have been infected by Win32:Evo-gen you migt be required to restore yoru computer to a previous saved state. During an infection, Win32:Evo-gen drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry and might install a rootkit. With these changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore. Even if your standard AV has removed the infection it might be the safest aleternative. To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, please follow the instructions below to access this feature.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
- Go to Start Menu, then under 'Run' or 'Search Program and Files' field, type rstrui.
- Then, press Enter on the keyboard to open System Restore Settings.
- Hover your mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the screen and wait for the Start icon to appear.
- Right-click on the icon and select Run from the list. This will open a Run dialog box.
- Type rstrui on the 'Open' field and click on OK to initiate the command.
- Continue on the steps and choose a desired restore point. All saved restore points are listed with corresponding date, time and description. Please click and read ‘How do I choose a restore point?’ for additional guide.
- Typically, only the most recent restore points are shown. To view older saved data, please choose “Show more restore points.”After choosing a restore point click Next.
- If prompted to Confirm your restore point, please click on Finish to begin the process.