When Mozilla Firefox is affected by unknown extension or adware, you may experience frequent pop-up ads and redirects to malicious domains. Remove any adware or Potentially Unwanted Programs from Mozilla Firefox using the guide below. We recommend strongly to create a systemrestore point before you start with re removal proces. Mozilla Firefox is one of the most popular browsers, and therefore also a popular target for installing adware and other untwanted extensions. In this article “How to remove Adware from Mozilla Firefox” we will explain how to easily remove any adware or Potentially Unwanted Programs from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1, Scan with an anti-malware program:
Reason Core Security uses industry-leading technology to detect and remove all traces of malware, adware, PUPs and more. It is important to note that Reason Core Security works hand-in-hand with your existing anti-virus software without any conflict and should be run together. If you already have an anti-virus installed and it is not detecting this adware you can safely run Reason Core Security side-by-side without having to uninstall anything.
- Donwload Reason Core Security.
- Once downloaded run it directly from your web browser or by double-clicking on the icon on your desktop or your downloads folder named “reason-core-security-setup.exe” to start the installation of Reason Core Security.
- When the installation begins, you will see the Reason Core Security Setup which will guide you through the installation process.
- Once installed, Reason Core Security will automatically start a quick “welcome” process. When this completes it will run an initial scan which should find this and all additional adware threats on your computer. When it finds it and the scan completes, you will be asked to run a quick or full scan, which we recommend as other malware might be hiding on your computer too.
- After the scan you will see Chrome hijacks and other malware, adware and PUPs Reason Core Security has detected. Check all items you want to remove and click the “Remove Checked” button.
- Reason Core Security will now quarantine all the malicious threats it has found. When removing these threats, Reason Core Security may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
- Once your computer has rebooted (only if required), you should be free of all adware and malware. After your computer restarts, you should open Reason Core Security and perform another quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats. In addition if your web browser was hijacked, Reason Core Security should have fixed and removed the threat as well. Should you have any questions, they offer great customer support as well as an online forum to help remove tricky malware at fourm.reasoncoresecurity.com
- Start Firefox and Press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’. This windows will provide a list of all extensions and plugins installed in Firefox.
- Under Extensions, select the adware or Potentially Unwanted Program items and the click the Remove button.
- If Firefox prompts to ‘Restart Now’. Please restart Firefox and check if the changes you have made are successful.
- Press the Firefox button and then select options and reset the default homepage on the General Tab
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and wil be reset with the default settings.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and check everything is fixed as well.