Google Chrome is one browser that is being targeted most by malware authors. This is maybe because it is now the most-used browser all over the world. If Chrome is affected by unknown extension, user may experience frequent pop-up ads and redirects. New tab also opens unknown web address that usually promotes various products. Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers, and therefore also a popular target for installing adware and other untwanted extensions. In this article “How to Remove Adware from Google Chrome” we will explain how to easily remove any adware or Potentially Unwanted Programs from Google Chrome. If adware or malware stays on the browser even for a while, computer can be at high risk. Malicious programs coming from various hosts may be downloaded into the compromised PC without user’s knowledge. Most adware and malware are installed in the background without any traces. So, to avoid such hazard, we highly promote immediate removal of malicious programs from Google Chrome. You can remove malware extensions from Google Chrome using the guide on this post.
This guide doesn’t require technical expertise to successfully remove adware from Google Chrome. All you have to do is follow what is exactly stated on the procedures and use recommended tools. Keep in mind to download tools and software only from official web page as stated on this guide.
Step 1, Scan with an anti-malware program:
Reason Core Security uses industry-leading technology to detect and remove all traces of malware, adware, PUPs and more. It is important to note that Reason Core Security works hand-in-hand with your existing anti-virus software without any conflict and should be run together. If you already have an anti-virus installed and it is not detecting this adware you can safely run Reason Core Security side-by-side without having to uninstall anything.
- Donwload Reason Core Security.
- Once downloaded run it directly from your web browser or by double-clicking on the icon on your desktop or your downloads folder named “reason-core-security-setup.exe” to start the installation of Reason Core Security.
- When the installation begins, you will see the Reason Core Security Setup which will guide you through the installation process.
- Once installed, Reason Core Security will automatically start a quick “welcome” process. When this completes it will run an initial scan which should find this and all additional adware threats on your computer. When it finds it and the scan completes, you will be asked to run a quick or full scan, which we recommend as other malware might be hiding on your computer too.
- After the scan you will see Chrome hijacks and other malware, adware and PUPs Reason Core Security has detected. Check all items you want to remove and click the “Remove Checked” button.
- Reason Core Security will now quarantine all the malicious threats it has found. When removing these threats, Reason Core Security may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot your computer, please allow it to do so.
- Once your computer has rebooted (only if required), you should be free of all adware and malware. After your computer restarts, you should open Reason Core Security and perform another quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats. In addition if your web browser was hijacked, Reason Core Security should have fixed and removed the threat as well. Should you have any questions, they offer great customer support as well as an online forum to help remove tricky malware at fourm.reasoncoresecurity.com
Step 2, Reset Google Chrome Settings:
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, please type chrome://settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Show advanced settings…‘ at the bottom of current page.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings button.
6. On confirmation window, please click Reset button. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome.
Step 3, run Software Removal Tool:
Malware and adware may reside on the computer without user’s knowledge. Tricks were used to accomplish this and one of which is by bundling malicious files to free programs. Sometimes, removing adware extension from Google Chrome is enough to fix the issue. If that doesn’t work, we recommend using Software Removal Tool from Google to find and delete harmful extensions automatically.
1. Download Software Removal Tool (this link will open on a new window).
2. When prompted for Terms of Service, please click Accept and Download.
3. Save the file to Desktop or any folder of your choice.
4. Once the download has completed, double-click on the file software_removal_tool.exe.
5. The tool will search the computer for malicious programs that produces toolbars, pop-ups, redirects, and home page hijacking.